Defense CNC Machining & Welding Services
Military personnel depends on their equipment to function flawlessly. That’s why Superior Joining Technologies, Inc. works hard to provide CNC machining, welding, and NDT services that produce the quality component the defense industry needs.
The Capabilities of CNC Machining
With CNC machining, three-dimensional cutting tasks are accomplished with a single set of prompts. Superior Joining Technologies specialize in turnkey, 5-axis defense industry CNC machining services.
We manufacture CNC military parts for army equipment, navy equipment, military aircraft, military vehicles, ordinance, ship and submarines, air force equipment, marine corps equipment, coast guard equipment, and weapons. We can fabricate finished parts from practically any material including aluminum, tool steel, stainless steel, castings, titanium, tungsten, Inconel, nickel alloys, and more.
Benefits of CNC Machining for Defense Industry
Defense and military components must be machined to precise specifications with high consistency. CNC machining has many advantages over manually controlled fabrication methods, where operators are needed to prompt and guide machining tools by levers, buttons, and wheels.
- Consistent, repeatable results
- Manufacturing cost savings
- Increased efficiency
- Improved production speed
- Reduced downtime
- Heightened safety
- Superior surface finish
- Complex or ruled surfaces machined in one pass
- Compound angle holes and undercuts cut quickly and accurately
- Any shape or form is possible
- Tolerances of +/-.0002”
Defense CNC Machined Components
- Missile components
- Custom pins and fasteners
- Military machining weapon components
- Electronic housings
- Satellite and radio components
At Superior Joining Technologies, we specialize in mil-spec welding services for the defense industry. Mil-spec welding is a United States military welding standard that is used to assure the quality of critical welded joints. Military components require heightened weld quality and consistency to perform optimally. Our team offers experienced and highly skilled welders, flexibility, and dedication to quality.
- GTAW – Joins critical components while producing welds with the utmost quality and purity. Includes NADCAP Manual GTAW, Micro GTAW, and Longitudinal Seam GTAW.
- Nadcap Laser Beam Welding – Uses a precisely focused beam of light to fuse metal together. Used on hard-to-access areas and extremely small components. Includes Micro Laser Beam Welding, Laser Beam Welding with Powder Deposition, and Multi-Axis Laser Beam Welding.
- Resistance Welding – Joins metals by applying pressure and passing a current through the joined metal area. Includes Circumferential Seam Welding and Resistance Spot Welding.
Benefits of Welding in the Defense Industry
Superior Joining Technologies, Inc. is an AS9100, ISO9001, and Nadcap-accredited facility and service provider. . We have high standards for our welding and testing processes that eliminate weld defects that can impact defense components including:
- Reduced weight
- Reduced cost
- Improved performance
- Increased production speed
Welded Components For Defense Applications:
- Anti-backlash assemblies
- Bellows assemblies
- Check valve assemblies
- Gas bottle weld assemblies
- Linear actuators
- Mount plate assemblies
- Niobium targets
- Pyro valves
- Rocket nozzles
- Sensing assemblies
- Transducer housing
- Auxiliary inlet vane assemblies
- Bobbin housing assemblies
- Core and rod assemblies
- Gears and gear train assemblies
- Landing gear struts
- Motor brakes
- Phase shifters
- Regulator assemblies
- Satellite propellant valves
- Target holder assemblies
Materials for Welded Defense Components
We have the capability to work with the following materials:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
NDT Inspection Services For The Defense Industry
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a group of analysis techniques used to evaluate the properties of materials, components, or systems without causing damage. This evaluation method detects imperfections that may negatively impact equipment performance and longevity, as well as user health and safety. Superior Joining Technologies is a Nadcap-accredited leading provider of surface flaw detection assessments. We work to verify the reliability and safety of materials, products, and equipment with industry-leading surface inspection services.
- Visual inspection, also called VI or VT – Uses the naked eye to look over a piece of equipment for flaws. It is used for internal and external surface inspection.
- Liquid Penetrant inspection, or PT– Identifies surface discontinuities. It is ideal for use on non-porous materials. Liquid penetrant is pulled into cracks by capillary action. A developer is used to draw out penetrant from the crack and produce a surface indication. Our PT process includes sensitivity levels 2, 3, and 4.
- Magnetic Particle Inspection, MT – Detects surface and shallow subsurface discontinuities in materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt, and alloys. In this process, an electrical current is run through the component. Any crack or defects will interrupt the magnetic lines of flux and cause magnetism to spread out, which creates a flux-leakage field at the damage site. This field will draw metal particles that have been spread over the component to any flaws on or near the surface and create a visible indication of its approximate size and shape.
The Superior Joining Difference
Superior Joining Technologies, Inc is a woman-owned small business that works hard to provide high-quality products for our customers. We are a trusted provider of CNC machining, precision welding, additive manufacturing, laser marking and cutting, and NDT inspection services for the defense industry.